Monday, May 4, 2009

Darker...

It seems like it has been getting a lot darker here lately. Today is day 85 on ice, and the sun has been down for about two weeks. There is a bit of dark twilight in the middle of the day, but it never gets as light as in the picture of me above (with the moon).

I haven't been getting real depressed or anything, but I think there is a "circadian rhythm thing" going on. My body doesn't seem to tell the difference between day and night, sometimes resulting in nasty insomnia at night, and being horribly tired by day. I have a "happy light" on my desk, and I stared into it for a while first thing this morning, after a bad night's sleep. Should help to reset my rhythms.

I was really dragging at work, so I grabbed a bite to eat for lunch and went up to the room for a power nap. Zonked right out, and slept for about twenty minutes, with dreams and everything. That's a great feeling, to have 3-D lucid dreams in color, then go back to work.

The weather has been really nice lately, after the hellacious storms of a couple of weeks ago. It's just a little below zero now, and calm. I love it when the wind stops blowing, which doesn't happen too often here.

No comments: