Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bad Mandolin Haiku

I've been whiling away the time checking in on a message board called Mandolin Cafe: http://www.mandolincafe.net (as some of you know, I'm an aspiring mandolin player). One of the threads on the cafe is mandolin-inspire Haiku-- here are some of my posts:

A bird in the hand
Is better than no mando
Must ignore the noise

(I have a "loaner" mandolin which is noisy and poor-- frustrating)

Sun won't be back soon
Cold and dark, so dark and cold
Mando warms the soul

Oh the stars twinkle
Chill air penetrates the coat
Inside for practice

Music of the spheres
Astronomy inspires me
Write a mando song

Such extreme darkness
Star flicker like a pinhole
Warm and light inside

Hogging the thread now
No one else comes out to play
I plink on alone



In answer to your question: yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands!

No comments: