Saturday, August 15, 2009

Final Radio Darts











Sunday now, getting caught up on my blogging. Friday was the final night of Radio Darts for the season. It's a tradition that goes back a ways, from what I understand. The idea is, a crew of us yanks heads over the hill to Scott Base every Friday, playing darts with the Kiwis. The South Pole station plays us, and gives us their scores over HF radio. The Pole folks haven't shown up for darts this year, so we've just been playing the Kiwis.








I'm a mediocre dart player at best, but I still have a good time. Now that Winfly is almost here, we're putting an end to darts for the season. It'll leave an empty place on Friday nights, but I'm sure there will be other things to do. I'm never at a loss for things to do here.








No comments: