Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Month

I'm officially a month into my winter season now. 31 days. It seems like it's been, oh, about a month. Later on in the winter, the phenomenon of time compression will kick in, but it hasn't done so yet. I found last year that my days were so similar to each other that they would run together. I've heard others comment on that, too. They'll say things like "Last thing I remember it was Tuesday. Now it's August!".

It is definitely starting to get a little dark now. It's pretty normal daylight during the day, but twilight in the middle of the night. We'll have sunlight clear into May-- I'm enjoying it while I can.

To help with the darkness, I mailed a desktop tanning lamp down to myself before I left the states. I was very stoked that I wouldn't have to turn that horrible translucent pale color this winter. Those lights aren't cheap-- this one was over $200. Last night I was moving it, and I noticed that it was ruined in shipping. ARGH! All the stuff I shipped down looked like it had been tossed down two flights of stairs. Not a big fan of the USPS right now!

No comments: